Who We Are:
The DC Young Republicans (DCYRs) is an organization of individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 committed to supporting Republican causes in the nation’s capital.
We are a member of the Young Republican National Federation (YRNF) – the oldest political youth organization in the United States. DCYRs was recently named the YRNF 2010 State Federation of the Year.
Our mission is fourfold:
- To provide grassroots support for conservative issues and Republican candidates, both locally and nationally,
- To attract young people to the Republican party by providing engaging and insightful activities and material to our members,
- To provide training to young Republicans, and
- To offer young Republicans the platform they need to become the leaders of today, not just those of tomorrow.
We take part in Republican activities in the DC community, everything from collecting goods for charity to registering voters, to campaigning for Republican candidates. We are active in DC proper, the Greater Washington Metropolitan Area, and on the national level.
Our Organization provides its members a unique opportunity to meet decision makers and to get to know like-minded individuals in and around DC.
The DCYRs general meetings are on the second Monday of every month at the Capitol Hill Club. Our meetings feature prominent guests, who speak on issues of prime importance to young Republicans. We also have monthly happy hours during the fourth week of every month at different membership-selected venues.
2010 National Deployment Program (DCYRs on Tour 2010)
- Deployed 406 volunteers to 16 cities in 9 states.
- 107,277 voter contacts.
- Over 7,500 volunteer hours.
- Coordinated GOTV efforts in Connecticut, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Weekly phone bank at the RNC Headquarters.
- Member-composed Resume Bank made accessible to DCYR supported Congressional candidates.