As was previously announced at the meeting on January 12, if you’re interested in running for DC Young Republican leadership, please contact Stephen Jackson, Chairman of the Elections Committee (email@example.com) by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, February 6th in order for your name to be included on the ballot. They will be announced at the February DCYRs meeting on Monday the 9th.
If he doesn’t receive your notice of intent to run by that date or as a floor nomination at that evenings meeting, your name will not appear on the printed ballots at the elections at the end of March.
Eligibility: A candidate for any office shall be a DCYR active member for at least 60 days prior to running for office. Officers shall serve without compensation and must be active members in good standing of the organization. The Chairman, National Committeeman, and Committeewoman must be residents of the District of Columbia upon election. The Chairman must be an active member in good standing for six consecutive months immediately prior to the election.
The following positions are up for election:
Chairman or Chairwoman
– Preside at all meetings of the organization and Executive Committee, supervise the activities of the organization, and perform all other duties incidental to the office, serves as Chief Executive Officer for all Young Republican National Federation functions, and the organization’s primary liaison between the organization, the DC Republican Party and other Republican organizations.
National Committeewoman / National Committeeman
– Responsible to assist the Chairman in representing the organization in all National Federation Affairs and shall perform such other duties as assigned by the Chairman, and for involving the organization in all relevant political activities and shall direct the activities of the Policy Committee.
Executive Vice Chair
– Assists in the coordination of the organization, the Vice Chairs and committees of the organization and perform such other duties as assigned by the Chairman.
Vice Chair of Communications
– Responsible for recording and archiving minutes of member and executive committee meetings, all internal organization communications, as well as all communication between the organization and external audiences. Administering the website, social media and other communications entities of the DCYRs including creating and editing the bi-weekly Scene emails.
Vice Chair of Events
– Responsible for organizing all organization meetings and will be responsible for organizing all activities that take place therein.
Vice Chair of Finance
– Responsible for collection and payout all organization funds as directed by the Executive Committee. the Vice Chair of Finance shall deposit such funds in a depository designated by the Executive Committee and shall keep accounts the re of open at all times to inspection. the Vice Chair of Finance shall render accounts of the transactions and of the financial condition of the organization at each regular meeting and submits an annual written report at the January meeting.
Vice Chair of Membership
– Responsible for the recruitment and retention of members, keeping the official roll of the membership and maintaining the organization’s membership database, and serves Secretary for all Young Republican National Federation functions.
In addition to the preceding positions, there are several committees, appointments, and volunteer opportunities if running for office isn’t for you. We welcome anyone who is motivated and enthusiastic to help out! It takes a much bigger team than just our elected officers to pull off everything DC Young Republicans do and will need to do going into this critical midterm election!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Stephen Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or any other officer. There will be more information to come, so stay tuned to the Scene for all the latest!
As was previously announced at the meeting on January 12, if you’re interested in running for DC Young Republican leadership, please contact Stephen Jackson, Chairman of the Elections Committee (email@example.com) by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, February 6th in order for your name to be included on the ballot. They will be announced at the […]